Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Similarities Between Terri and the Fetus

The case of Terri Schindler is being mischaracterized as a right to die case. It is not a right to die case but a right to kill, similar to Abortion Rights.

1. It has not been established that Terri wishes to die. She never put her wishes in writing and her husband has a questionable interest in her death. He is her husband in name only. He has lived and is now living with another woman with whom he has two children. The judges ignore this reality.

2. The fetus and Terri are similar in their powerlessness.

3. Both the fetus and Terri are dependent on another for their survival.

4. Both the fetus and Terri are alive but mentally limited.

5. Both the fetus and Terri are being denied a chance to live. Abortion is legal and now murdering Terri is also legal.

6. Those who are supposed to love them are the ones who are out to kill them, the mother her unborn, and the husband his wife.

If this society can so callously tolerate the murder of innocent babies everyday, why should we expect Terri Schindler to be treated differently from a fetus?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

One thought I had: Everyone keeps saying the government should not get involved in this "private family matter." They do that every day! If I were to choose to drive without my seatbelt or let my children ride unrestrained I would get a ticket; If I chose to grow or make an illegal substance inside my own home, I could get arrested; etc. Part of the governments "responsibilities" is protection... for everyone.

March 29, 2005 7:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

One thought I had: Everyone keeps saying the government should not get involved in this "private family matter." They do that every day! If I were to choose to drive without my seatbelt or let my children ride unrestrained I would get a ticket; If I chose to grow or make an illegal substance inside my own home, I could get arrested; etc. Part of the governments "responsibilities" is protection... for everyone.

March 29, 2005 7:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home